There is no set criteria for grant approval because every case is considered on its own merit.
Here are some examples of the types of application we approve:
- A stair lift fitted for a member who was struggling to make ends meet
- Adaptations fitted to a vehicle of a retired officer who had suffered life-changing injuries in a police-related RTA
- Flights and contributing towards living costs for the family of an officer injured in a skiing accident abroad
- Contributing to the cost of an officer’s rehabilitation following a stroke
- Adaptation to a member’s house following illness
How to apply:
- You can register for help online
- You can download our Register for Help form and post it to us
- You can download and complete a grant/loan application form or you can contact us and we’ll send you a form
- You can call 0121 700 1212 or email email@example.com to book to see someone who will help you to complete your application
You will need to explain why you are applying and give details of income, expenditure and savings.
All information is strictly confidential and only the secretary of the Benevolent Fund knows the identity of the applicant.
All grants and interest free loans are approved by the Fund directors who meet every six weeks. For a full list of committee meeting dates click here.
Non-members may also apply but must have or have had some connection to the West Midlands Police.For more information, please call us on 0121 700 1212 or click here.