People Who Have Donated
We would like to thank the following people for their kind donations to the WMP Benevolent Fund. This is a valuable boost to our funds and enables us to help members in our police family who are suffering financial hardship or distress.
- The women’s group of The British Legion, Knowle as a thank you to their local policing unit.
- A family and friends donation in memory of Arthur Hughes, retired police officer.
- A family and friends donation in memory of David Pugh as thank you to officers who dealt with the tragic accident that lead to his death.
- A personal donation by Paul, from Staffordshire.
- A family and friends donation in memory of David Jones (fondly known as Terry)
- A personal donation by Calvin from Walsall
- Force Lead Chaplain Rev John Burcher donated his first new £5 in support of the #firstfiver donation campaign
- Anonymous cash donation following death of PC Keith Palmer in the Westminster terror attack 2017
- A bequest from Joan Byng, daughter of the late PC Harold Hickson
- A personal donation from Mr Singh, Willenhall following the Manchester arena attack 2017
- A personal donation from Kath Hill, East Park, Wolverhampton
- A family and friends donation in memory of PC Cyril Cush
- Public donation taken from Benevolent Fund collection tin at Steelhouse Lane police station
- £25 from grateful member of the public, following a road traffic accident
- A family and friends donation of £100 in memory of retired West Midlands Police officer, Bob Rowley
- A family and friends donation of £100 in memory of Martin Lane who tragically died in a house fire
- £250 donation from members of St Paul’s Club, Birmingham